Monday, March 19, 2012
J-O-B
Today was a day I had been dreading for the last couple weeks. I recently applied for a job at a competitor institution as a result of tough day at work. I mentioned in an earlier blog that I was(am) unhappy with some things at my current job. It seems that its easier for me to get frustrated lately because of those things. When this happens--in my head--I refer to myself as Negative Nancy. I know that I have it pretty good: I make good money, I have a decent schedule, I have benefits and so on. But I get so frustrated with the changes in policies, the constant increase in fees for my customers, and just plain greediness of this already-so-successful company. Annnnyway, today I spoke with my manager(who is awesome, by the way) about my plan. I told her about the application I submitted to the competitor institution, and it was no big deal. I had dreaded telling her, I had worried sooooo much about what the outcome would be, and she was totally cool about it. It gave me some peace knowing that she was even a little bit happy for me. I haven't heard from the competitor about my application yet, but I am not really worried about it. I feel like I did my part, now I am just waiting on God or fate or whatever you wanna call it, to take me to the next step.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm anxious to hear more! :)
Post a Comment