Friday, June 18, 2010

On a positive note...

I really need to blog more often. It is so therapeutic. Writing is my passion and I've just let it get lost in all the life that's been going on. Today was a better day than yesterday. I confronted one of the things that has been bothering me---but instead of jumping into it and turning into a crazy diva about it (like I would normally do), I approached it gently and with lots of prayer under my belt. God is so good. He really is my Abba. As soon as I addressed it, He responded back with MORE gentleness than I could ever imagine. I am still not ready to share this because of the sensitivity that I feel when I talk about it, but God knows my heart and blessed me with a very understanding and loving husband who sometimes treats me better than I think I deserve. I guess just taking life day by day is really the best way to do things.

3 comments:

Ess said...

Glad to hear you had a better day! :) I'll still be praying for ya! Hey, I LOVE the new layout!!!!! Cute! Enjoy your evening.

Unknown said...

:) It's good to have you back (blogging) again!

Mrs. Marquez said...

I'm always here for a listen. You know that. As a side note this post reminded me of a message from church this past Sunday. Pastor Warren preached on us having peace, wanting it, but not creating it. My favorite quote from the sermon: "Everyone wants to find peace but Jesus said to make peace." -Pastor Warren. He basically said we all have love and peace in our hearts because we have accepted Jesus as our savior, so we need to be the peacemakers. Another fun piece was that we need to not spew all of our junk onto others, people say it's good to "let it out" but really what we are doing is giving them our trash to deal with, so not only do we have to deal with it but now they do too. Man this really spoke to Tony and I. Now we go around and when we say something offending to one another we say things like, "Honey that wasn't very peaceful" or "your not making peace, there" lol