Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Faith

Last night Chris came home and told me that he wanted to talk to me about some things. Naturally I thought I was in trouble for not 'calling so-and-so' or 'forgetting to do such-and-such'. I am the biggest procrastinator AND for some reason, it is hard for me to get the motivation to do ANYTHING unless it seems important to me at the time. It is definitely something I need to work on, but this time I was off the hook. This was something serious though.

Chris basically told me he was not going to be working with the school he is employed with right now next year. He has had a lot of issues with this organization and a few of his employers this year. I'm not going to go into great detail about it all, but he has had a road block in the form of his principal ALL year. She is the most unpleasant woman! She is on a feminist power trip and challenges a lot of the men in the organization, Chris especially, and is not making some very integral decisions.

Anyway, the point is that Chris will not be working there next year, and he does not have a job lined up in its place. He has some options that he is looking into, and we will be more than okay if he has to go without a job for a few months because of our investments, but the unknown is kind of unsettling. Well, last night as Chris and I were laying in bed, I felt God soo strongly tell me to pray for Chris. **A little side note--I am very self-conscious about praying out loud, EVEN in front of my husband...I just feel like I sound stupid, and that my prayers are really basic. I know, I know, I really need to work on that. As I was laying next to Chris, I was battling God in my head. I didn't want to make myself vulnerable. Finally, I said (in my head, of course), "God, I'm not going to be selfish. Who am I to keep your word from Chris. If he needs to hear this, use me." I held Chris in my arms and I prayed. It wasn't a long prayer, nor was it an eloquent one. I thanked God for his love and his blessings. I told him that Chris and I aren't afraid of what is gonna happen in our future, and that we know that HE is our provider, not our employers. I thanked him for always meeting our needs. That was it. With that one small prayer, everything felt so much better. I felt more confident about our future, and I think Chris felt more at peace.

Yay for listening to God and being proactive. God, you rock.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! :) Go YOU -for stepping out of your 'comfort zone'!! ;D

Megalamode said...

Hey lady. I will keep Chris's job thing in my prayers. I also have a hard time praying out loud for the same reasons.. I'm not eloquent at all. We used to pray together every night before sleeping, and that helped me get a little more comfy with it, but I guess we just kept forgetting and now we don't do it anymore. Anyway, I know how you feel, and good for yoU! :) I'm so sorry I forgot to respond about our phone date. I just got busy and forgot. :( I want to talk to you though!

Mrs. Marquez said...

I'm so proud of you Mal. I remember those feelings and I remember the satisfaction, and safety that I felt after doing it. I'm not going to lie, I'm so incredibly jealous sometimes. This road for Tony and I is still being "cleared" so to speak and the process is painful and challenging EVERY day. It is reassuring and comforting to know that you and Chris STILL work towards the very things your relationship was BASED on. I thank God for your relationship and that fact that you and he are in MY life in the capacity that you are.

May God richly bless you in all that you or Chris put your hands to. You are an amazing woman of God and I value you greatly.

Thank you for your friendship!

_N