Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Picnic

Today Chris and I slept in instead of going to church. We had a pretty busy week, and had some friends staying with us for a few days. I woke up at about 11am to my husband sneaking back into bed behind me, holding me tight, and kissing the back of my head and my shoulders. He asked if everything was okay, and if I was feeling alright. I think lazy mornings are my favorite pastimes with Chris. We don't get those very often because of our busy work schedules; so when we actually do, I really cherish them. Around 2 o'clock, Chris and I went for a stroll in the neighborhood and talked, and enjoyed the beautiful sunlight. There is definitely something to be said for sunlight affecting a person's mood. I would like to think that I am a pretty happy person, but just being in the sunlight was intoxicating, and made me feel GREAT! Shortly after our walk, Shelly (my sister in law) and her friend Laura met up at our house, and we all piled up in my car for a day trip to Austin. Chris's older sister and her hubby had a picnic at their house to announce their baby news to all of their friends and family. About 30 people showed up. Roger and Kristi made some homemade fried chicken, and sides, and about 4 pies. Needless to say, we ate really well!!! It was a perfect day in their backyard.

Side Note: Chris and I saw "The Knowing" with some friends on Friday and it was PHENOMENAL!!!!!! It was a great plot, with some interesting camera angles and very artistic elements. The movie itself was very spiritual in that it would touch you in some way no matter what you believe about life and the after-life. It is definitely a must-see.

3 comments:

Megalamode said...

So weird!

Josh and I slept in this morning too! We haven't missed church in months (aside from the wknd we were in MO) until today AND I woke up to him snuggling on me!

Sounds like a great day!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

How funny. I feel so opposite about the movie Knowing. I didn't care for it at all. I wished that we would have chosen something else on our 'kid-free date night'. ;)

sounds like you have a very delightful Sunday. :)