Thursday, July 8, 2010

Violet, your turning violet, Violet....

I love summer because of what it does to the produce section at HEB. It doubles in size with all of my favorite fruits! Chris and I went to the grocery store a few days ago and I mentioned to him that I wanted to buy some blueberries. Chris doesn't really care for blueberries so I knew I would have to eat all of them(no big deal for me--I love all fruit). So since then, I have put blueberries in smoothies, salads, and pancakes, but still had some blueberries left, but no more recipes to use them in. I was at my mom's house on Saturday and was flipping through a magazine on her coffee table about fitness and healthy living, and came across a really interesting recipe that I would like to share. I tried it out this morning for breakfast and loved it!

Blueberry Slushy
3 green tea bags
1 cup blueberries
3 cups water
2 tbsp agave nectar (I used honey as a substitute)

Boil 2 cups water and then add tea bags to boiling water.
Let steep for 5 minutes.
Divide one cup of blueberries between compartments of an ice cube tray.
Cover with tea and freeze.
Puree in a blender with remaining tea(1 1/2 cup), half cup of water, and 2 tbsp agave nectar(or honey).
Serve garnished with berries.

This was a simple and healthy breakfast slushy with natural energy qualities.

Photobucket

Enjoy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh, yummy!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

the photo looks great too; is it yours?

Ess said...

I'm glad you shared, sounds and looks delish!

Mallory said...

no it wasn't my photo. I found it online, but that's exactly what it looks like! I hope ya'll are able to try it out! :)

Megalamode said...

Sounds yummy!