Sunday, December 21, 2008

Peace on Earth

Today Chris and I went to church (like every Sunday) and our pastor talked about Peace. He mentioned that Peace is not necessarily defined as the world defines it. It is so much deeper. He explained that to have peace, you have to have complete trust in the Lord. You have to trust that he is holding you in his hands, and that he will take care of you and provide you with everything you need. How comforting is that? Anyway, I really think that message was for me.

On another note, I finished all my Christmas shopping for Chris!!! Whewww! He is kind of difficult to shop for. Last year, I bought Chris some pajama pants, a sweater, and some other clothing, and while he was happy and thankful for his gifts, I know (now) that he would rather have gotten something else. Chris really isn't into clothes. He would be just fine in a pair of track pants and a tee shirt. It didn't hurt my feelings (because they were really nice clothes! ha ha), but it definitely was a learning experience for me.

This year, I bought Chris....(drumroll, please) a SUPER nice bowling bag!! I know, it definitely isn't something that would excite me, but Chris LOVES bowling. He has a bag right now, but it is super ghetto (I think it is actually a cooler on wheels)! The bag I got him can hold both of his bowling balls, his bowling shoes, and all of his little accessories. It was very pricey, but I know he will LOVE it, and that's all that matters to me. Besides the bowling bag, I bought him a really nice Nautica wallet, and an electric shaver. I know that he is gonna be really excited!! OHHH, and lastly, I bought him some Hannah Montana paraphanelia for his stocking (I know, I know, I am feeding his unhealthy Hannah Montana obsession...oh well!)

I just have a few more people to shop for, and then I will be smooth sailing into the holidays! Yay!

1 comment:

Mrs. Marquez said...

I know I sure could use some peace, sounds like *sigh* we should have been there. Dina thinks I should just get up and quietly get the kids ready and go. The thing is I know that would cause problems between us. Grr... Well anyway, I'll listen online. YOU rock with the Christmas Shopping skills.

Much Love,

_N